I have noticed quite a few bloggers recently who post a regular gratitude list. I am always intrigued and really feel like I learn a lot about that person once you have seen those little details or big details in their lives that they enjoy and are grateful for. So I hope this doesn’t count as copying as I assume we will all have different things we are grateful for, so here is mine and maybe I will make it a regular weekly post. I hope it inspires you to focus on the good parts of your life and less on those annoying negatives bits.
- The sun shone today for the first time in a long time and I was able to sit in the garden and feel the warmth of the sun on my skin. Miller crawled round on the grass for the first time playing with a football and laughing.
- We ordered a takeaway for dinner from a local restaurant called Wildwood. I ordered the Cobb Salad with no dressing ( I add my own Pizza Express dressing) Twins had penne pasta with tomato sauce and *SO ordered Penne Arrabiatta. The only thing I had to prepare for this evenings meal was the parmesan, we even ate out of the cartons and recycled all the boxes. No washing up!
- Miller ate all his dinner. He had spaghetti bolognese, he ate all of it plus some carrot sticks I cooked earlier for him. Food is one of my biggest anxiety triggers, I worry all the time about whether the boys eat enough so when they finish the meal I give them it makes me very happy indeed.
- We donated our sideboard to the British Heart Foundation and they picked it up today. They collect your items for free so it is a way of getting rid of unwanted items without the hassle but also someone somewhere will love that sideboard and buy it for their home and the money goes to a great cause.
- I am enjoying a nice glass of wine while I write this. It is the evening by the way, i’m not writing while I have breakfast!
- SO took the twins on a long walk and sent me gorgeous videos of them enjoying running in the field and waving to the lorries on the toot toot bridge. The toot toot bridge is a bridge near us that goes over the motorway. We wave to the oncoming traffic and count how many toot toots we get from passing lorry drivers. I appreciate that I was not with them on this walk but seeing them so happy makes me happy so I am extremely grateful they went while I got some chores done around the house.
- I wrote a comment on one of my favourite bloggers posts and got a reply!
- I am grateful for my car that allowed me to drive Miller around the block this morning to get him to go to sleep for the nap he was fighting at home.
- I am grateful for Tretinoin for helping me fight the signs of ageing.
- I am always grateful every single day for my children, even though they are the three people who can drive me the most bonkers in this world I would not change any of them and wouldn’t be without them for anything.
*SO = Significant Other
2 thoughts on “Gratitude List”
I’m glad I just happened to stumble upon your blog just now. This post really inspired me. I’ve been trying to come up with content for my own blog for a LONG time, and this is a great idea. I’m going to try and do one of these lists each week. Thank you for the inspiration!
Thank you so much for your comment! I found these posts inspiring as well so I am glad I helped you by passing the idea along.
LikeLiked by 1 person